In 2017 I was a member of the Welsh Assembly’s Digital News and Engagement Taskforce. The objective of the Taskforce was to explore and recommend the most effective ways to increase levels of public understanding and engagement with audiences currently disengaged with politics and Welsh affairs.
I’ve also worked on applications for Box UK, World Vision, Cardiff University Students’ Union, Cardiff Venue Centre, Smart Card Store, The Wales Trades Union Congress, Havering Fabian Society and Maesycoed Motors.
I created Cardiff Collective as a place for entrepreneurs in Cardiff to connect and share knowledge.
- Contributed code and documentation to Ruby on Rails
- Fixed a quote-handling regression in mail gem.
- Several contributions to github-backup including uptdaing to GitHub API v3
- Forked acl_system2 to add Rails 3 compatibility and release as a rubygem
- Fixed bug in
ActiveModel::Otpwhile using ActiveRecord
- Added a default option to Thoughtbot’s paperclip gem
- Contributor to Thoughtbot’s Trail Map
- Reformatted Thoughtbot’s Fist Face gem to use Sinatra’s modular extension style
- Touched up the watch button on Railscasts (First Pull Request)
- More →
- readingtime: Estimates reading time of a Ruby String object
- ampersat: Calculates which email domains your subscribers use
- hunter: Calculates which email domains your subscribers use
- twalk: Twalk displays tweets of your followers who are talking to one another
- ncbi_blast_results_parser: Parses HTML ‘API’ responses from NCBI Blast
- More →
- Git to SVN Guide: A guide of how to use SVN when you’re familiar with Git
- Example.html: A file full of standard HTML5 elements to check your stylesheet doesn’t miss anything out (Demo)
- Vanilla CSS: An empty stylesheet containing all the standard HTML tags to build up your default styles after applying a reset
- Anchors: A collection of link styles and some clever things you can do with the HTML anchor tag (Demo)